Openness and transparency
Ethical Pay Pty Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and respects and upholds your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). Ethical Pay Pty Ltd ensures that it will take all necessary and reasonable steps to comply with the APPs and to deal with inquiries or complaints from individuals about its compliance with the APPs.
By using this website, you agree to and consent to the collection, use, holding and disclosure of personal information by Ethical Pay Pty Ltd as set out in this policy.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from that information or opinion.
Personal information Ethical Pay Pty Ltd may collect from you includes, without limitation:
- your name;
- email address;
- telephone number(s);
- date of birth;
- credit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Ethical Pay Pty Ltd will take all reasonable steps in the circumstances to protect all personal information collected from:
- (a) misuse, interference and loss; and
- (b) from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Ethical Pay Pty Ltd will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, Ethical Pay Pty Ltd will only collect personal information about you directly from you. Ethical Pay Pty Ltd will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities. Ethical Pay Pty Ltd will not collect sensitive information from you.
If you use a pseudonym when dealing with us or you do not provide identifiable information Ethical Pay Pty Ltd may not be able to provide you with any or all of our services as requested. If you wish to remain anonymous when you use our website do not sign into it or provide any information that might identify you. Ethical Pay Pty Ltd requires individuals to provide accurate, up-to-date and complete personal information at the time it is collected.
What does Ethical Pay Pty Ltd do with your personal information?
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection Ethical Pay Pty Ltd uses your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing our services to you including ;
- our internal management needs;
- operating, protecting, improving and optimising our service, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- our marketing activities;
- administering rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners
- responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
- any other purpose you have consented to; and
- any use which is required or authorised by law.
Disclosure of personal information
Ethical Pay Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information:
- to third-parties we ordinarily engage for the above purposes;
- any person or entity to whom you have consented to Ethical Pay Pty Ltd disclosing your personal information to; and
- any person or entity to whom we are required or authorised to disclose your personal information to in accordance with the law.
Access and Management
You may request access to your personal information in our customer account database, or seek correction of it, by contacting Ethical Pay Pty Ltd. See section 9: Contact information.
Ethical Pay Pty Ltd may charge a reasonable fee that is not excessive to cover the charges of retrieving your personal information from our customer account database. Ethical Pay Pty Ltd will not charge you for making the request.
If you believe that Ethical Pay Pty Ltd holds personal information about you in our customer account database that is not accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant or information that is misleading then you may request its amendment and Ethical Pay Pty Ltd will respond to your request within a reasonable time. Ethical Pay Pty Ltd will not charge you for correcting your personal information.
If Ethical Pay Pty Ltd no longer needs your personal information for any of the purposes set out in this policy, or as otherwise required by law, Ethical Pay Pty Ltd will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to de-identify it.
Ethical Pay Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
At any time you may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us. Unless you opt out, your consent to receive direct marketing communications from us and to the handling of your personal information as detailed above, will continue.
Ethical Pay Pty Ltd may transfer your personal information to a person who is in a foreign country to assist Ethical Pay Pty Ltd in providing you with the service that you have requested.
When entering into a transaction with Ethical Pay Pty Ltd you consent to your personal information being transferred to third parties located outside of Australia (Recipient) for the purpose of Ethical Pay Pty Ltd providing the service that you have requested. In giving your consent, you agree that Ethical Pay Pty Ltd has no obligation to take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the information that is transferred will be held, used or disclosed in a manner that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles. You also agree that insofar as the law allows, Ethical Pay Pty Ltd has no liability for any breach by the Recipient of the Australian Privacy Principles.
If you require further information regarding this policy or wish to make a complaint about a breach of the APPs by Ethical Pay Pty Ltd, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on: +61 450 004 999 or send mail to: 287 Lygon Street, Brunswick east 3057
When transmitting personal information from your computer to the NannyPay website, you must keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not always completely secure or error-free. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, Ethical Pay Pty Ltd will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
The NannyPay website may use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but if you do so, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the NannyPay website.
Ethical Pay Pty Ltd may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy. Ethical Pay Pty Ltd takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures, including Podio, to protect your personal information. However, Ethical Pay Pty Ltd cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.